Tuesday 7 July 2015

You know the old adage, a good t-shirt is hard to find.  Okay, that isn’t an old adage but I stand by it, they really are hard to find.  Sure you can go just about anywhere and get something with a shitty logo or a lame band t-shirt which has been seen a million times before, but scouring for something perfect?  That’s a skill, a skill I’m certainly not anywhere near perfecting.  However I’m definitely getting closer than some people out there so I thought I’d put together a post showing off my favourite new additions to my collection from TSPTR, Thundergirl City and Stay At Home Club.
First up is this awesome TSPTR tee, shown above and above (again) - featuring Astro Snoopy.  According to their spiffy website, the SS’15 collection “focuses on American counter culture in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s, specifically the war in Vietnam and the cultural revolution that surrounded it ... as often happens in situations such as this the best way to express opposition was through humour. Vietnam was no exception, while magazines such as LIFE and TIME reported the reality and daily horrors, the soldiers themselves responded by using slogans and parodies of pop culture icons such as Snoopy and Charlie Brown to express their anxieties and frustration at the grim situation they were in.”  Pretty deep stuff.  All I can say is that though the subject matters is heavy, it only adds to this being is one rad t-shirt.  Plus, if you don’t like Snoopy then really I don’t like you.  Check out their whole SS’15 collection here.
Thundergirl City is a cool British brand founded by two friends who wanted to ‘address the lack of cool t-shirt designs on the market’.  So basically, as noted above, most tees suck and sadly people buy them and wear them a lot.  I picked up this bad boy in yellow because I once had a girlfriend who had a yellow Great Wall of China t-shirt which I stole for ages but sadly had to give back, and miss terribly... I was a pretty shitty boyfriend though so it's fair that it had to be returned.  I also bought it because it’s fucking rad.  Good shit by good people, recommend 1000%  (It also comes in black or white if you’re fancy/dull).

Last up is this tee from Stay At Home Club, a Canadian brand.. I don’t really have much to say about it or them.  But I like Sad songs, they’re often the best songs, so I feel sharing that is probably a pretty good shout.  Grab one here.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Frontier Daydream - Based on Hatsune Miku by Johanes Djogan - Powered by Blogger -